Saturday, February 15, 2014

Thing 2 : Mobile Device Tips




Having used iPads and other devices on a somewhat superficial basis (knowing how to accomplish tasks, but not always knowing the best shortcuts), this step helped me learn some neat tricks and tips. Here are just a few of the things I learned:
  • To save online images, open it in a new tab and then select "save image" -- it will then appear in your photos. I saved the above image -- don't worry, I didn't violate copyright :)
  • To take a screenshot, hold the power button and click on the home button -- it will then appear in your photos
  • To can lock the screen orientation via the settings menu, or simply double-click the home button (this will pull up recently used apps at the bottom of the screen). Then, swipe your finger from left to right, pulling up the quick settings menu -- the orientation lock is on the far left
  • The screen brighness and volume can also be adjusted from the quick settings menu
  • Turning on airplane mode makes battery recharging much faster
  • To rearrange icons, hold your finger over one of them until they all wiggle -- then drag them where you want. You can also add more icons to the bottom dock (you can have up to 6).
  • Parents can (and should) disable automatic purchases from the Settings Menu, and can set it to require a password... This will safeguard them against their little ones racking up massive bills.

1 comment:

  1. Hi Holly! I'm Kaia, your 23 Mobile Things Coach. I'm just stopping by to say I'm glad you're participating in the program. I hope you continue!

    Let me know if you have any questions.

    -Kaia, 23 Mobile Things Coach

    ReplyDelete